Keeping passengers and staff safe
We want to keep you – our passengers – safe. The COVID-19 case numbers are very low in Tasmania and therefore, joining one of our Ocean & Wildlife tours poses a low risk. To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have implemented a few changes to our normal operation procedures.
Part of our safety procedures is to check the COVID-19 data and updates on a regular basis and to re-evaluate the safety measures that we put in place.
Please see below the changes we have made to our ‘normal’ operating procedures. This page will be updated regularly in line with the updated health and safety information provided by the Department of Health and the Tasmanian Government.
1) Booking process
- We ask you to leave the name and contact details for every passenger for our manifest, to ensure people can be contacted should a COVID-19 case be detected.
- We will email you our updated T&C’s, COVID-19 Safety Plan, online liability waiver and information on how to stop the spread. We will also email you a COVID-19 questionnaire (see below) to make sure nobody is going to join the tour who is supposed to be self-isolating. Should you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, or feel unwell on the day of the tour, you will not be permitted to join the tour on that date. In this case you can choose to reschedule to another date, or have a full refund issued.
2) Changes to tours
- Frequently touched areas of our vessel will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every tour.
- Passengers will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake
- If a passenger feels unwell on the day of the tour or displays flu-like symptoms or has been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, he/she won’t be permitted to join the tour. Instead the tour can be rescheduled or a gift card credit or full refund can be issued.
- The skipper and deckhand are informed about and apply regular hand washing and sanitising routines. If the skipper feels unwell, the upcoming tours will be canceled and a full refund will be issued. Tours will only be resumed once the skipper has been tested for COVID-19 and the result comes back negative.
3) COVID-19 Questionnaire
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, unfortunately, you won’t be permitted to join our tour. Instead you can reschedule to another day or have a full refund or gift card credit issued.