Keeping passengers and staff safe
We are exited to start operating again. 🙂 To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have implemented a few changes to our normal operation procedures. The COVID-19 case numbers are very low in Tasmania, so joining a Wild Ocean Tasmania tour imposes a low risk. Part of our safety procedures is checking the COVID-19 data and updates on a daily basis and re-evaluating the safety measures that we put in place regularly. Please see below the changes we have made to our ‘normal’ operating procedures. This page will be updated regularly in line with the updated health and safety information provided by the Department of Health and the Tasmanian Government.
1) New booking process
- Our online booking system is currently closed, since availability now depends on the travel groups (i.e. friends, family, singles). Please contact us via email or phone to register your interest in joining a tour.
- Departure times vary and are scheduled depending on weather conditions and passengers preferences
- We can currently only offer our 2-hour Coastal Adventure tour, not the Seal & Ocean Expedition
- We ask you to leave the name and contact details for every passenger for our manifest, to ensure people can be contacted should a COVID-19 case be detected.
- We will email you our updated T&C’s, COVID-19 Safety Plan, online liability waiver and information on how to stop the spread. We will also email you a COVID-19 questionnaire (see below) to make sure nobody is going to join the tour who is supposed to be self-isolating. Should you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions, or feel unwell on the day of the tour, you will not be permitted to join the tour on that date. In this case you can choose to reschedule to another date, receive a gift voucher credit or have a full refund issued.
- Payments can be made via invoice prior to departure or on the day of the tour with the skipper with credit card or cash.
2) Changes to tours
- Frequently touched areas of our vessel will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every tour.
- Passengers will be greeted from a safe distance and not greeted with a handshake
- Passengers will be asked to keep a 1.5m distance from each other during the safety briefing.
- Before boarding the vessel, passengers are requires to disinfect their hands with alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided. Hand sanitiser will also be available in the toilet cabin.
- One empty row of seats will be kept as a safety distance between passengers. Members of the same household will be permitted to sit together.
- We usually provide warm sailing jackets and over pants. However, in these circumstances, we kindly ask you to bring your own warm layers, waterproof jacket, beanie and gloves. It can be very cold on the water once the vessel is underway, so the more warm clothes you have the better 🙂
- If a passenger feels unwell on the day of the tour or displays flu-like symptoms or has been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, he/she won’t be permitted to join the tour. Instead the tour can be rescheduled or a gift card credit or full refund can be issued.
- The skipper is informed about and applies regular hand washing and / or sanitising routines. If the skipper feels unwell, the upcoming tours will be canceled and a full refund will be issued. Tours will only be resumed once the skipper has been tested for COVID-19 and the result comes back negative.
3) COVID-19 Questionnaire
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including but not limited to a fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing)
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you returned from any overseas travel within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, unfortunately, you won’t be permitted to join our tour. Instead you can reschedule to another day or have a full refund or gift card credit issued.